MAKE with CFA
This pivotal part of any process requires attention and dedication to ensure that the product delivered is at its best. With our Production Lab, Design Lab and CFA HQ. We seek to support the physical and intellectual creating-space needs of Columbus creatives.
Our design tools have been carefully selected, and will be consistently growing, to equip creatives with resources to start and grow their brands.
Adjustable Dress Forms Women
Adjustable Dress Forms Men
(3) JUKI 1 Needle Industrial Lockstitch DDL-8700
- This sewing machine is optimum-based with a highly rigid machine head created using 3D-CAD design technology. It has a low vibration and low noise feature. There is a generous amount of space between the arm to the needle allowing easy fabric handling and manipulation. It has a high-speed stitching performance at 5,500 stitch per minute, extreme stitching performance, ease of operation and reliability. It is flexible in its response to various fabrics and while producing beautiful seems with consistent quality. Lastly, the presser foot has a higher lift (13mm), a light-touch dial and a throat plate with marker grooves which can be used as a guide for seam allowance. This industrial grade sewing machine is here to lift unnecessary burdens off your shoulders so you can focus on the important stuff, realizing your creativity.
JUKI 5 Thread Overlock Industrial Serger MO-6816-5
- This serger is a new and powerful overlock/safety stitch machine that has been developed to offer increased reliability and ease-of-use, while upgrading seam quality at higher sewing speeds. It responds to a wider range of materials and processes to finish high-quality soft-feeling seams.
Wide Format Printer – Epson Surecolor t5170 36”
- Our Epson Surecolor printer prints at an increased speed (A1/D-size prints in 31 seconds). It is easy to operate help from its large LCD color touchscreen. You can easily print wirelessly from almost any smart device.
(5) Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet + pen
- Smart drawing tablet with downloadable software capabilities to meet your drawing needs.
(5) Apple desktops equipped with CLO and Creative Cloud
(2) Epson DTG F2100
- Next Generation Higher Density Prints for Professionals, Fine art and Graphic Designers.
K20S Swingaway heatpress
- The Digital Knight DK20S is our ‘flagship’ 16×20 swing-away heat transfer press. The DK20S combines a heavy-duty solid steel industrial grade pressing framework with accurate and easy to use electronics to provide the operator with the best possible features and equipment needed for today’s various heat transfer applications.
Stitchline SL718-2 Blind Stitch Machine
- The U.S. Stitchline SL718-2 is a single needle, industrial blind stitch sewing machine. It is ideal for stitch hemming on trousers, dresses, coats, skirts, curtains, cuffs, and drapes. The SL718-2 is one of the finest blind stitch machines on the market, perfect for light to medium weight fabrics.
Pearl PTM Pretreat Machine
- The Pearl PTM is the ultimate production pretreat machine. With shirt production upwards of 300 shirts/hr, this work horse machine can handle the most demanding production runs. The touch screen interface provides intuitive user control. Advanced features such as a cycle counter, level meter, production calculator and savable settings ensures consistent production.
This series is here to inform and equip you to upskill and add continuous value to your brand.
Register to be featured in a Make Series video
We are a collective of creatives passionate about the fashion industry in Columbus, Ohio. Our goal, as a fashion based non-profit, is to support the creation and growth of creatives and fashion based business through multiple facets. If you would like to support the continuation of creative growth in Columbus please feel free to donate through Columbus Foundation’s Giving Store.